The Greater Reading region is fortunate to provide access to excellent professional training facilities and higher education institutions. Check out what each has to offer you and your employees.
Workforce Development Centers:
Reading Area Community College (RACC) Schmidt Training and Technology Center
The Schmidt Training and Technology Center provides customized training programs adjustable to the changing needs of employers. Training programs based on employer needs use evolving instruction methods and technologies that are highly individualized.
Training courses are offered in the following areas:
- Manufacturing Technology – The range of topics available to meet an employer’s needs vary from troubleshooting fluid power systems to repairing mechanical systems, from maintaining automated manufacturing systems to a grounding in electricity, motor controls and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
- Information Technology (IT) – In addition to training in application software, specialized programs for certification in IT are offered, including IT Essentials (A+) and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA®).
- Workforce Development – Schmidt Training and Technology Centers offers a variety of workforce development training for front-line workers to maximize their effectiveness in the labor environment.
Reading Muhlenberg Career and Technology Center
Reading Muhlenberg Career and Technology Center (RMCTC) offers a hands-on learning atmosphere, technically up-to-date labs, and flexibility of scheduling. RMCTC currently offers daytime, evening, certification, and customized training. Students can choose either full-time or part-time enrollment. The length of our courses range from 1 day to 18 months.
- Automotive & Mechanics
- Construction Trades
- Customized Training
- ABE (Adult Basic Education)
- Health / Medical: Information Technology
- Personal Enrichment
Berks Career and Technology Center
Students at Berks Career and Technology Center (BCTC) can choose from 37 programs of study. BCTC offers a Continuing Education program to help adult students upgrade their skills, earn certifications, participate in apprenticeships, or retool for new careers.
BCTC offers customized programs to assist local companies in training their employees in specialized skill areas. State-of-the-art learning laboratories, a highly skilled faculty, and a curriculum geared to industry and state academic standards combine to distinguish BCTC as a leading provider of career and technical education.
- Advanced Materials and Diversified Manufacturing
- Business & Information Technology
- Healthcare Services